View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 think i just found your models out there..... 
Rank 6
Rank 6

just found models (was looking for a commission for a female Skyrim Mesh that we need) that looks JUST like your own models in the game.

some of these models here looks just like the once you have had in ads and once in the game, some of these pictures have not been changed from whats being used in ads and on the game web browser (in the game).

i mean this IS Monica.
and this IS Saiko
this looks just like Jenna aswell

well i cant really hate here but the models here are in such a high quality that its sad that we dont see it even close in-game.

do you think we will better models later on that is more like the original models?

BTW: is this guy you?

Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:15 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

hate? lol why, do you think game developers don't buy models for their games? These aren't freebie models from cgshare, they're professionally made and very high quality. Game devs are programmers. This isn't a giant corporation with endless resources and a huge staff of 1000 people making everything from scratch. It's more likely 1-5 people spending all their free time making this game while working a full time job to pay the rent and expenses. Why do you think it was crowd funded? They needed money to live off of during the major grind time and money to buy parts of the game. A game is like any other complex product made of components. Just because you slapped a VW engine in your homemade dune buggy doesn't mean VW did all the work. You designed the systems, you ran all the wiring, you created every part you could, some things you needed to outsource or buy. that's how game development works as well.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:19 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

never said i hated them because of it if you bothered reading. it was more about the level of quality of the models found there over whats in the game.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:10 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

aremann wrote:
never said i hated them because of it if you bothered reading. it was more about the level of quality of the models found there over whats in the game.

I did bother to read it, I always do. Wasn't intentionally trying to offend.
You just you seem to be very uninformed as to how games are made. Yes 3D models are offered in super high poly versions for rendering stills, most clearly say in thier discriptions, they also offer a lower polycount version specifically for games. Even to just animate with something with that high of a polycount would be very hard for a cpu to render. that's why those types are used in still renders mostly. Some very rare multi-million dollar movies maybe. but never in games. For a game engine to render something with those kinds of polys in real time and not melt your computer... well thats not something thats curently reasonable to even attempt. You wont find many if any games with polys as high as they use in still renders. It wouldn't be worth the processing power for the miniscule amount of improvement noticed by the player. Hence my rant lol, sorry i forget sometimes that not everything i know is common knowledge to normal people. I can come off kinda dickish sometimes when my little rants are translated to written word. not intentional, My apologies.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:21 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

If we're going to bring up Turbosquid, can I suggest that X-Moon purchase and implement this?

I mean, it's kind of weird when we tilt over to stick out heads inside of their bodies and find there is nothing inside of them.

EDIT: Wait, no, nevermind. That is clearly belongs to a male.

HOW TO START MODDING

Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:46 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

soooo 15k Polygons are too much for people? really? sigh.......
and here im sitting with my Skyrim game with 15 different meshes with 7k each on my screen at once.
quality can be made aslong as the engine can handle it.
i mean they dont even have to use the full mesh even, they can use normal maps and speculars maps for things like the lips and such to make it look great.... ofc they still should use the 4k res textures for all layers tho.

its just sad to see there is such a huge difference. 15k pollies one a modern machine isnt that hard if there is only one model at any time anyway.
even if all if physics based on the CPU then they need to get better performance for that side of things like better multi core processing or GPU based physics.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:47 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

aremann, you seem to presuppose that everybody here has a high-end, multi-thousand dollar hexadeca-core pc including corresponding graphics Cards and RAM.
But don't forget that the x-moon devs want to make some money out of their work. And lower rate of polygons means more (older and later) CPUs can handle the game, so the game is available for a wider audience, which equals in more money being able to be made.

And i have to agree, most people (including me) won't see much difference between 15k and 7k

Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:41 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

its true that there isnt that much difference between the mesh res and such. its more about the textures and texture maps and the lighting system.

its prob just the lighting system that isnt up for grab.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:41 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Yeah that's my bias as well. I have a laptop.
my specs

2011 lenovo Z575 windows 7 ultimate 64bit
CPU---> APU A8-3520M Quad Core 1.6ghz
GFX----> Radeon HD 6620G
RAM----> 8GB ddr3 @1333mhz

Now this is a Frankenstein job i built myself out of a few other dead laptops. It's powerful enough to run most games but 4k is not in its future lol. I'd say I'm about a 6 on the 1-10 scale of average customer rigs. XSP2 was the proof of concept. The most basic version of the game, just to prove it could be done and spark public interest with the low price point. XSP3.0 will be the envisioned game brought to its intended level of play. Depending on how well that does and how much they make, more things like 4k high poly ect will be possible and likely a future feature. But Xmoon is playing it smart and taking the steps in order. I think a company allowing modding in its game is about the smartest move they made. It lets them see what sort of features their customers want in future releases.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:46 pm
Rank 9
Rank 9

aremann wrote:
just found models (was looking for a commission for a female Skyrim Mesh that we need) that looks JUST like your own models in the game.

some of these models here looks just like the once you have had in ads and once in the game, some of these pictures have not been changed from whats being used in ads and on the game web browser (in the game).

i mean this IS Monica.
and this IS Saiko
this looks just like Jenna aswell

well i cant really hate here but the models here are in such a high quality that its sad that we dont see it even close in-game.

do you think we will better models later on that is more like the original models?

BTW: is this guy you?

THERE IS A LONG HAIRED version of Jenna... FUCK that would have been awesome!!!

Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next