View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Vote here! 

What hardware devices would you like to be supported in XStoryPlayer? (max 2 options)
I own a Oculus Rift and want it supported 17%  17%  [ 65 ]
I would buy a Oculus Rift and want it supported 32%  32%  [ 119 ]
I own the Kinect and want it supported 4%  4%  [ 16 ]
I would buy the Kinect and want it supported 4%  4%  [ 14 ]
I own a Leap Motion and want it supported 3%  3%  [ 12 ]
I would buy a Leap Motion and want it supported 5%  5%  [ 17 ]
I own a Razer Hydra and want it supported 4%  4%  [ 14 ]
I would buy a Razer Hydra and want it supported 2%  2%  [ 8 ]
I own a VStroker and want it supported 4%  4%  [ 16 ]
I would buy a VStroker and want it supported 9%  9%  [ 32 ]
I would like another hardware device supported... 6%  6%  [ 23 ]
I do not want hardware devices supported 10%  10%  [ 38 ]
Total votes : 374

Vote here! 
Rank 14
Rank 14

Couldn't motion sickness also come from just 'looking around' a lot? I mean, with the goggles and just wanting to see everything, I can imagine someone getting a little motion sick >_> Especially if you start throwing in some graphical tricks like motion blurring and what not. Whoooozy! Or am I wrong in that assumption? <_<

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:14 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@Mdritch

Motion sickness comes primarily from the fact that the environment you are in moves, but it does not move in reality.
When looking around you also move your head so when the 3d image reacts the same it feels natural.

I personally could look around using the OR for 15 minutes without any problems, but once I started to move I got sick in 2 minutes.

Maybe it does take training, but I think the OR can best be used for more static scenes in which you don't move a lot.
So for example a blowjob scene, watching a girl dance, touching a girl etc.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:34 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

You actually get used to it after a while. Though, I do think, it will take a good positional tracking and even smaller latency to completely overcome some dizziness you still get every once in a while.
For those that didn't try Rift yet, the closes comparison I found for the dizzy feeling in Rift is when the airplane is taking off ground. Light head feeling you get is almost the same.
Agree it's best used in static scenes, since immersion is bigger (you are static in real life and in VR)... at least until we get positional tracking. You can get the first taste of how this'll look like in some demos with Hydra.

Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:55 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

I voted for "no support" cause I wouldn't pay that much money for stuff I don't really need to play some games.

That shouldn't keep you from implementing it. There seem to be many people having a different opinion than me. But maybe start with releasing a normal version and add OR support later or so ;)

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:53 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

I'm definitely getting the OR, when the display is of proper quality. I'm not particularly keen on the motion tracker part, but more on the 3D. I think most people would want to use it in conjunction with some other controller (mouse + keyboard will probably do just fine), because it's just not practical in a game to look around with your head in the long run.

If it turns out that the OR display quality is not good enough I might go for the Sony 3D personal viewer instead if the new model (mid November) is better priced.

I might also buy the Kinect because it would be fun to interact more intuitively. ^^

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:48 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

I own the Rift. The Juliet demos really make me wonder what could be done with VR and games like this.

Even though the demo itself is a bit creepy (oh my god the eyes) the feel is unreal.

Excited to see full support. Let me know if you need someone to test :)

Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:44 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

You may want to consider using the RealTouch device. I own one and I must say, it's almost as good as the real thing. It has an SDK available, it has different temperatures for anal, vaginal, and oral. It has independently working belts. It has an internal compartment for dispensing lubrication from inside meant to feel like a wet orifice. It doesn't really feel like the real thing, but no woman has given me a better orgasm.

http://www.realtouch.com/ check it out. I recommend this thing. It's the most realistic and hands free masturbator I've ever seen.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:07 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

middlemonster wrote:
You may want to consider using the RealTouch device. I own one and I must say, it's almost as good as the real thing. It has an SDK available, it has different temperatures for anal, vaginal, and oral. It has independently working belts. It has an internal compartment for dispensing lubrication from inside meant to feel like a wet orifice. It doesn't really feel like the real thing, but no woman has given me a better orgasm.

http://www.realtouch.com/ check it out. I recommend this thing. It's the most realistic and hands free masturbator I've ever seen.

My issue with it is that they don't sell the JoyStick. :(

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:11 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@middlemonster

Just checked out the RealTouch device. Looks like a great invention.
It looks more advanced than VStroker.

Like Malachai also said however, there is no SDK we can use to connect XStoryPlayer to this device.
If there was we could transfer e.g. the blowjob penetration movement to the RealTouch device.

But it sure would be a nice add-on to XStoryPlayer, if this was possible.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:17 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

Registered just to give another vote for the Oculus Rift.

I have one and its astonishing how much "presence" the characters have with it. In Half-Life 2 I walked up to an NPC to inspect the textures and when she turned to me (it was the lady at the very beginning of the game in the train station who asks if her husband was on the train) I found myself lurching back and almost blurted out an apology for getting so close to her.

It was a revelation to me. I had some ideas for games I wanted to develop but seeing how "real" those NPCs become has changed my trajectory. I just have to do work with human characters.

I can't wait to load up the Oculus Rift version.

I just signed up for Offbeatr and will be pledging as soon as they confirm my email.

Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next