View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Vote here! 

What hardware devices would you like to be supported in XStoryPlayer? (max 2 options)
I own a Oculus Rift and want it supported 17%  17%  [ 65 ]
I would buy a Oculus Rift and want it supported 32%  32%  [ 119 ]
I own the Kinect and want it supported 4%  4%  [ 16 ]
I would buy the Kinect and want it supported 4%  4%  [ 14 ]
I own a Leap Motion and want it supported 3%  3%  [ 12 ]
I would buy a Leap Motion and want it supported 5%  5%  [ 17 ]
I own a Razer Hydra and want it supported 4%  4%  [ 14 ]
I would buy a Razer Hydra and want it supported 2%  2%  [ 8 ]
I own a VStroker and want it supported 4%  4%  [ 16 ]
I would buy a VStroker and want it supported 9%  9%  [ 32 ]
I would like another hardware device supported... 6%  6%  [ 23 ]
I do not want hardware devices supported 10%  10%  [ 38 ]
Total votes : 374

Vote here! 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello everyone,

We are currently researching and testing different hardware controllers that could improve the immersion of XStoryPlayer.

We have tested the following hardware devices:

- Oculus Rift
The Oculus Rift clearly improves the immersion in our opinion. Because XStoryPlayer has first person viewpoint, it feels very natural with OR.
Disadvantages currently are: Low resolution (will be improved with consumer version). Motion sickness when moving fast.
Price ~ $300,-

- Kinect
The Kinect is especially useful in combination with the OR. With the OR, the keyboard and mouse are not visible and therefore hard to use. We found the use of the Razer Hydra not very easy (more on that later on). A great option is the Kinect. It would allow you to stand in the room (preferably with OR on). And move your body. Picking up things and touching thing would be just like you would in real life. There are limitation on the amount of movement, +- 1.5 meter. Walking could be done by moving forward, backward or sidewards. Fully rotating is not possible (only about 45 degrees). The cable to OR is about 2 meter so movement is also limited by that.
Price ~ $130,-

- Leap Motion
Leap motion is a small device that allows tracking of the hands. The range is very limited (0.4 meter). So you should remain seated behind your desk. The accuracy is pretty good. It would allow you to pick-up an object or touch a girl if you are close. Walking and controlling a virtual keyboard should be possible, by making hand movements. Penis tracking is possible, but because the range is very limited it would not be very useful in actual game-play.
Price ~ $80,-

- Razer Hydra
The Razer Hydra can be used to track your hands and also has extra buttons on them for extra control options. The range is larger than the Leap Motion (about 1.5 meter) and it therefore allows for more freedom. The movement however feels not very natural because you have devices is your hands. Picking up something would require you to push a button. The calibration is troublesome, so before you get started it takes several minutes to have your hands aligned with your body.
Price ~ $100,-

In our view a great combo would be OR with the Kinect. That would however also be an expensive configuration (~ $430,-). So we expect not everyone would buy/have this hardware.

The OR as standalone device would have the disadvantage of no visible keyboard or mouse. So this would mean playing until you come to a sex scene and then putting on the OR and using the mouse for more movement options.

We would like to know your experiences (also with VStroker). So please leave your vote, and also if you have the time a reaction to talk about your ideas/experiences.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards from the XStoryPlayer developers.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:38 am
Rank 5
Rank 5

I didn't vote.

Maybe I should have chosen "I don't want other devices supported" but I am all for the game having a huge player base. I do not plan to purchase or use any of the devices in the near future, but who knows a year from now?

I would like a full key remapping option added. I use a Naga and mapping crouch, stand etc to the buttons on the side of my mouse would be nice!

If you had added an "Eermahgawd! No devices! Release the new version!" option I would have voted <grin>.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:56 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full key mapping is implemented in new version. We know is takes long for it to release.

If you do not want hardware support in XStoryPlayer in the future you are welcome to vote "I do not want hardware devices supported".

The voting result does not mean we will implement it in the next version. But we do want to know what our users like so we can make more educated decisions on for example how to implement the hands.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:35 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

I will be buying an Oculus as soon as the HD version is freely available.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:41 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

KotLPL wrote:

+1

Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:24 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

I voted for Oculus Rift (obviously :) ) and Kinect (don't own it yet), since there were only 2 options.
I think VStroker could be great as well. I don't have it, but playing 3DXChat I certainly can see how it might be nice as an add on.

Also, I own Hydra and while it's good, I agree with xpadmin it's not the best VR solution (you are still holding joysticks). I hope some kind of haptic VR gloves will soon be made available. Keyboard could then be simulated inside game's VR HUD and you could even type with your VR hand.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:38 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

I'm not going to vote, because while I don't *plan* on buying any new peripherals, I also don't want to say, "I don't want any other devices supported" >_>

With all that said, I think it's cool you guys are thinking about adding support for new devices, but I do hope it won't get in the way of continuing to improve the vanilla game ~nodnods~

Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:07 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

I would like the possibility to redefine the keyboard shorcut and support for "old" gamepad/joypad/joystick (i own an old saitek 750 usb which still works fine from w98 to win7) :D

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:10 pm
Rank 7
Rank 7

Quote:

dito

And kinect sounds very interesting, too.

I voted for OR and kinect. I own a bluetooth VStroker but all what VStoker device can is to "measuring" the speed. The feedbacks is not the exactly position of the penis inside the flashlight - so for me it makes no sense because the brain (at least mine) recognizes that the movement of the flashlight on the cock is not the same you see on the screen. At most the movement is somewhat similar. Imagine a situation where you slide your best piece deep inside and on the screen it slides out... makes no fun ;-)

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:21 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

What the hell is a VStroker? *Googles* ... I don't know what I was expecting...

Anyway, it's very hard to cast a vote when it comes to brand new technology. I've been hyped up enough times to know what you actually get is much different what you were expecting.

Quote:
Disadvantages currently are: Low resolution (will be improved with consumer version). Motion sickness when moving fast.
Price ~ $300,-

Unless one of the stories has a segment where you bang on a roller-coaster, I don't see this being an issue. Though I do suppose you could have a segment that takes place on a moving train car. Can XSP support a scrolling polygon cityscape/landscape outside a train's window?

HOW TO START MODDING

Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next