View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next
 Offbeatr project 
Site Admin
Site Admin

@Tobz

Thanks for offering help. All exposure that can be given to the offbeatr project would help us. So posting info about it on adult blogs etc, would be great!

Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:27 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

Voted. Hope this works out for you guys!

Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:10 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

116 votes in a couple days. I say that's not bad, not bad at all! If that pace holds up we could get break the necessary number in 15 days-ish.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:22 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

Another thing , it would be nice , if you could add Oculus Rift and Razer Hydra support into the future goals of this offbeatr project.
If you would do that and reach out the to the Oculus Rift community you will get many more potential pledgers !

Also it would immensly improve the gameplayer experience if you have the devices of course

Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:14 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

I just wish that I could vote. I've registered twice at Offbeatr with different email addresses (same domain) but I never received the confirmation email on either registration. It's been >1 day since my first registration, so I guess I won't be voting. :(

Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:25 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

@Inquisitor : Look in your Spamfolder OR use http://10minutemail.net/ !

Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:40 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

Believe me, I already did check it (many times).

I finally managed to register (and vote!) using my gmail email address. Apparently Offbeatr didn't like my own domain.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:53 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello everyone,

Here are some statistics :ugeek: to keep you up to date:

In 3 days we have had about 1500 pageviews of our project on offbeatr.
From these viewers, 356 people checked out our website.
And 146 people have voted for us.

So about 10% of the people visiting our offbeatr project page votes on the project, which is not a bad percentage I think.

The number of pageviews however is less than we had expected.

Given that our website has a lot more pageviews, the offbeatr website does not seem to be visited a lot by the adult community.
About 500 people view our offbeatr project per day, so that is not a lot.

Well, we see how things progress and keep you up to date.

Thanks for the support.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:35 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

xpadmin wrote:
About 500 people view our offbeatr project per day, so that is not a lot.

I'm not really surprised. XStoryPlayer is a new game, with a relatively small community as yet. Growing the community is not a given either, you have to work hard at it. Sexsim did a nice try but couldn't spare the resources needed in the end (only a two-person team, and not nearly full time either). Bonecraft spent some effort too and published a mod kit, but they were sadly quite clueless about what kind of contributions you can expect from a player community and what is needed to get there. Sexvilla did it, but they have been at it for quite a long time and they have spent a serious amount of work on it.

If you look at the successful Offbeatr projects, there is exactly ONE which managed to get a similar amount of votes, Furoticon Online (http://offbeatr.com/project/fantasy-sex ... 7972967509). They wanted $25,000, so they needed 1000 votes. And that project was about furry sex, which is very much a specialty item where there isn't much in the way of existing games, and there was an existing, relatively easy-to-reach and lively community where they could advertise their project. Note also that Furoticon Online only gathered 295 supporters, but still made $40,591. The other two big successes, Trials in Tainted Space (http://offbeatr.com/project/trials-in-t ... 6583939698) and Poni Parade (http://offbeatr.com/project/poni-parade-39222585751) were only looking to get $10,000 and $6,000, respectively, so they only needed 400 and 240 votes. They still managed to collect $193,771 and $62,557. And both had a big community advantage, Trials in Tainted Space was by the developer of a popular free-to-play web-based sex game (Corruption of Champions), and Poni Parade was a specialty item with its own community, just like Furoticon Online.

In short, I think that the XStoryPlayer Offbeatr project is not going to make it unless you work to create some publicity. Do not expect word of mouth to do the job for you. If it happens, that's very good, but it would be a happy coincidence, not something you could rely on. Unlike with the furries and the ponies, there is no real community for players of regular sex games, so word of mouth is less likely to do the job for you.

No, you are going to have to work for it. First you will need to create a video though (and include in-development features like mucus!), static screenshots do not do the game justice. Then, you will need to figure out sites and communities where you might find interest for your game. Adult game related sites like adultgamereviews.com are an obvious choice, but you should also target communities that could be interested. Perhaps Renderotica for the adult 3D graphics interest angle, and some BDSM community sites because the BDSM part of the sex simulation is actually quite advanced (you might want to create a separate advertisement video targeted at BDSM enthusiasts for this). Perhaps other people have sites to suggest?

Don't just post to the message boards, put up banner ads too on the sites you target. But don't do it blindly, make sure you can follow where the traffic to your Offbeatr project page is coming from. If Offbeatr doesn't support it, put a forwarding page on your own site so that you can analyze the traffic. Then you can target many sites initially and after a first batch of ads concentrate on those that provided the best return on investment in terms of traffic and/or votes. Well, this is advertisement 101, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

--Juddre

Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:49 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Everything that juddre says is right, your goal is too hard to reach unless you do a lot of publicity work.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next