View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 Offbeatr project 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A promotion video is being made. I am not sure if the side image is not good. Its always a matter of personal taste.

Anyone else thinks the side image should be replaced, with for example Tiffany on her back? Let us now!

;)

Fri May 31, 2013 10:10 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

Voted! I wish the best of luck!!
This game deserves a funding!

Fri May 31, 2013 10:27 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

Im very happy that you are trying to create this offbeatr project , but i think to invest 60$ up to 120 dollars for the full game is very very much considering this is a crowd funding project.
It would be wiser to only request 30$ for the full game , so many people would pledge. The people that pledge this project so early on should get something in return for their riskful undertaking.
So i think to be most sucessfull a low price should be considered for the offbeatr project and you can request higher prices for people that buy the game after it released.

I personally would , like i said pay max. 30$ for the full game. Paying 40$ only getting the content of the 7$ current Xstoryplayer , is kinda unfair.
And i think especially people outside of the current small Xstory player community , would not pay so high prices .

So please consider to lower the prices , and you should be able to realisitically have sucess with this offbeatr project.

Please don´t get me wrong i want the best for this game/project and im telling you this from the bottom of my heart and experiences with such endavours.

Fri May 31, 2013 11:58 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@xebat

For determining the rewards we also looked at the other crowd funding projects, and based the reward amounts on that as well.

For 20$ you will receive version V3.0, 30% of this amount goes directly to offbeatr so that means 13$ actually goes to us.

Given that it is a pledge, meaning the pledger also wants to support us, its an reasonable amount I think. Its 4$ more than the price of the current version, and there is not much risk because the pledger will at least get the current version.

The 60$, 120$ pledges are meant for people who want to support us with a larger amount.
So don't see 60$ as the price of buying the software (that will be possible on our site as well when that version is ready), but as a way to support us and get a reward out of it as well.

Fri May 31, 2013 12:31 pm
Rank 7
Rank 7

I just voted as well.
I really hope that will work for you(und us ;) )

Fri May 31, 2013 6:37 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

So is pledging the only way to get updates now, or are those of us who either already paid the $9 for 2.1, or otherwise donated through other means, can still get updates (free or the applicable price difference just for the update)? Just curious if the only way to get up to 9.9 would be to pay the $120 :P hehe

Or is this going to be a case of, those who pledge x-amount of dollars will get access to these features first, until the funding is completed and then it's available to everyone else? Is that how it works? O_o

Fri May 31, 2013 8:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@mdritch

No need to worry. At least all updates to V3.0 will be available to users who have bought XStoryPlayer sofar. Depending on how things go maybe more. All depends on success of XStoryPlayer.

Our goal still is to make a good and also affordable game. We are not in it to get rich, but we need to pay the bills as well.

The offbeatr project is a way for us to get more users and to attract extra resources. So it will benefit everyone, new users but also current users because it allows us to build extra features.

Sales are ok, but we need more funding to make new steps and we hope the offbeatr project helps us to do that.

So don't focus on the large pledge amounts, in the end everyone gets to play the game for a fair price.

Fri May 31, 2013 8:42 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

~nodnods~ gotcha!! Thanks for the reply :)

Fri May 31, 2013 8:57 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

Voted!!
I would also second the replacing of the current images on Offbeatr with new ones, definitely including Tiffany or Samantha, with action shots. Your images need to convey the level of physics and interactivity.

Fri May 31, 2013 11:33 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

Really glad this is up on here. I'll see what I can do to try to grab some votes. Hopefully it'll pass and you folks will get the funding you deserve for this ambitious game.

If there's anything our forum community can do to help, let us know. I'm sure a good number of us could come up with professional looking content.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next