View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 29  Next
 Offbeatr project 
Rank 15
Rank 15

40 % now.

Without news is hard to spread the word.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:01 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I understand, it can be somewhat frustrating that things are not going fast.

But believe me, we are working very hard on the next release.

"Roma die uno non aedificata est"

Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:24 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

"Quo usque tandem abutere, Xpadmin, patientia nostra?"

Just a joke :P

Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:44 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@aterrizando & others

I myself am working almost full time on the project. Two other friends are working part-time on it. You could say the project is between work and professional status.

Artwork and modelling is mostly done by 3th party freelancers not directly connected with X Moon Productions. We convert the models to our need and do all the programming, website, forum etc. The engine is build from scratch, so it is a lot of work improving it. This is why we cant release often. But new release is being worked on!

In current development a lot of attention is paid to making the engine more open, so users can change everything from the story to the models.

Please bare with us, we think your patience will be rewarded.

:)

Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:59 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

Can you at least tell us if the update will come out this year? :-) 3rd quarter / 4th quarter?

I'm so nosy! :-D

Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:00 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

A new update will definitely come out this year.

It will be very open, allowing changing stories and maybe even making your own.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:22 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

thats nice too hear. You already want to create a story creator? Wow! :)

Just too bad you dont have an alpha/beta test environment :) Would love to be able to test a dev build ;-) - according to those videos posted about a month ago (?) it already looked very good back then -> would really like to see what you guys have done so far in the past weeks.

Do you have like a little change log, that you could post, or even an updated "trailer/teaser"?
Would make us all be even more excited, which would be even more greater for you guys! :D

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:16 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@blubber1101

A change log is something we want to add when story creator version is out. At the moment a lot of code is rewritten so that would make a change log somewhat boring to read.
Parts of the current stories were hard-coded so we are now putting everything in script files.

We will not have a very fancy gui for creating stories. Basically what you will need is a text editor for the scripts.

For making models you will need Maya 9 (Autodesk). Later on we will add support for Maya 2014.
Autodesk offers trial edition for Maya, so everyone can edit/make models (in theory).

You could do things like:
- Add playlists to tv, scenes
- Customize character responses
- Add sounds to character
- Make models
- etc etc

We want to use the forum as a place where people can upload their own customisations. So others can download them and try them.
Content will be non-binary (so no need to worry about virusses).

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:38 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

More than enough for spamming a little.

Thanks.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:29 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Whoa, I wasn't expecting to hear anything about the story creator o_O

Just to be clear so there's no room for misunderstanding...are you saying the story creator/editor and model importing is coming out in the NEXT update? O_o I just want to be absolutely sure before I start yelling out my window!

Honestly, even if it is just a text editor, if Super Deepthroat has been any indication, making stories and such will still be a lot of fun!

And, if it DOES turn out these features are in the next update, on top of the other features you mentioned (and we've seen, such as walking!) such as orgasms and better reactions...that would make the wait for the next update worth it! :D

Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 29  Next