View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Opening existing models from XSP? 
Rank 12
Rank 12

Hey there!

Ok, so I finished the main Tentacle story last night (The part that is finished anyway...damn....such a cliffhanger! I hope it won't take another year to finish that and update the old stories :( )....

Anyway...decided to start poking around in the files. I found what I think is the .obj files for the various characters/items in game, etc....But I've run into a snag...

Now, maybe I'm not supposed to be able to open them yet, maybe they aren't the right format or aren't ready to be modded...I guess if that's the answer, let me know and I'll have to wait patiently (though I really hope it's not...)

In any case, every time I try to open one of the .obj files in Maya 2009, I get an error that basically says there is a problem with the file and it can't be read. The exact error is:

Code:
// Error: line 0: Your OBJ file contains a line which is too long to be parsed. Please edit your obj file. //
// Error: Error reading file. //

Now, I did a little research and came up with two things:

1. That it might be possible to open the .obj file in a text editor and fix that. But I came up against another problem. These .obj files read as garbled text in any text editor. It could be something wrong with the encoding...

2. Some .obj files saved on Macs have inappropriate carriage returns at the end of lines, which makes Maya think it's all one file and throw an error...if this is the case I hope there is a solution because that means that I'll never be able to open and edit a model file for the game, since I'm running on Windows...

Hope someone can give me some feedback on this....

Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:32 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

Apparently:

xpadmin wrote:
Th .obj files are not "real" .obj file just same extension.

We will have raw maya file uploaded for modders in the future.
Then you can also change objects.

First we have to solve some bugs in the software :mrgreen:

Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:39 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Opening models that come with XSP may by problematic. You see, the models that are in XSP were made from existing models licensed from a website called TurboSquid. These licenses typically state that these models can be altered and included in disrupted computer programs, but the models most by obstruficated so that only the computer program in question can actually use them.

HOW TO START MODDING

Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:10 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

TSDAMN wrote:
Apparently:
xpadmin wrote:
Th .obj files are not "real" .obj file just same extension.

We will have raw maya file uploaded for modders in the future.
Then you can also change objects.

First we have to solve some bugs in the software :mrgreen:

Ah, I must have missed where he posted that. If it was recent, I've been soo overwhelmed with the amount of posts since the release, I haven't gotten to see them all...

I guess that's good to know, if disappointing....since I have some ideas for objects to make...I guess I can make them in some basic format, and have them waiting to convert and scale, etc, when the time comes...

Now...to find out where/how to edit other stuff....

Pickled Cow wrote:
Opening models that come with XSP may by problematic. You see, the models that are in XSP were made from existing models licensed from a website called TurboSquid. These licenses typically state that these models can be altered and included in disrupted computer programs, but the models most by obstruficated so that only the computer program in question can actually use them.

That's disappointing...Very much so in fact...if this is the case, then there is no hope at all that we will ever be able to duplicate and modify the models that are in the game, correct? That means that only new models will be allowed...

I would assume this might not be true of the models for the Peins or dildos though, right?...

I admit, I'm not a very patient person sometimes...i'm just disappointed at this news since I was all ready and feeling gung-ho about getting started on modeling for this...and now can't...

As I said above, I guess I'll have to find other things to modify....

Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:14 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

MasterAaran wrote:
TSDAMN wrote:
Apparently:
As I said above, I guess I'll have to find other things to modify....

Why do you think I've been building bridges between the XSP community and the erotic SFM community DigitalEro?

HOW TO START MODDING

Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:53 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

True :P....

I've seen you posting on both. I also am over there at DigitalEro... I posted one image a while back, haven't gotten into the whole animation thing with it... :P...

Good to know though...Damn...I would love some of those models in here....though not necessarily as their 'characters' but just as models to fuck :P

Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]