View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 You asked for it - Feedback 
Rank 15
Rank 15

I'll start with some compliments: Among the many sex sims I've played, XStoryPlayer -XSP in short - is the best (when it will be completed ;) )

I haven't been playing for long, 'cause I just found a post about XSP in the SuperDeepthroat Mods forum yesterday. I tried the demo, then got the full version and can't really wait until XSP 2.2 comes out ^^

The main reason, why I like XSP better than those many other sex sims is that there is a story - or, better, even two stories.. - giving some reason for the sexual activities. Most flash games are just some kind of "click Button, see next scene" or "wiggle the mouse to get to the next screen" which isn't too entertaining for me.
Illusion games - Sexy Beach, Artificial Girl and all the others - are nice, but their main flaw is that they aren't available in english (or german..) unless the great army of Hongfire Modders goes after them. And even then, they sometimes really lack in the story department. Artificial Girl 3 being a perfect example for that. Nice graphics. Superb in making the girl of your dreams, but the only thing you can do in the game is chase the girl(s) and have sex with them without any story at all. Yes, one can set oneself some goal like "do I manage to let my virgin younger sister fall in love with me (without cheating ^^) in xx days" - but apart from those self proclaimed goals, there's only screwing around without reason...
The same is true for Sex Villa. Nice graphics, nice sex action, no storyline whatsoever... (at least in the very old version I played some years ago..)

To see a game with some nice story therefor is quite refreshing..

What I don't like about XSP:

Several of the things that I do not like are supposed to be changed in 2.2 it seems.
Apart from those, I can't say I like the movement/action handling with mouse/Ctrl very much. It'd be more natural for me, when picking up / using items would be handled by left- / rightclick and movement by the ctrl-mouse combination.. but that's just me ;)

They way those vibrators and other stuff is handled seems a bit weird for me. Like too much help given, when there's no real need for it. Targeting a vibrator isn't that complicated, so the auto target feature sometimes just makes it harder to go for the right target ;)
It works great with the weights for the nipple chain / clamps though :)
Having to reset all used equipment again when the sex position is changed is also not very funny ;)

Things I don't like, but expect to be changed in due time
Having to use the city map to run time fast forward. I mean, that's what the bed in the appartement should be for, right? Right? Kinda like "set alarm to xx hours and sleep until then.."
The sounds of the girls and several items, mostly.. like that pink flubbery thing.. or the hard plastic "clonk" of the Big Black Dildo - which should sound smoother, due to it's more rubbery nature - and the moaning sounds of the girls, which could use some more variations (just like the background music.. maybe put an option in to set up an own playlist from mp3s on the player's computer?)
There have been several hard crashes to desktop, mostly when I managed to pull the girl into a weird position in the doll / coma mode, and on several occasions, when there was some hard interaction between different items like the whipping cane and the nipple clamps or a dildo..
The mouths of the girls are a bit too broad for my taste. And the way they unhinge their jaws when they throat a big cock or dildo looks.. kinda frightening :?
Clothes could do with some other textures. Most look kinda like latex / rubber and - IMHO - also behave like that physically.
Oh, and the black clothes and the BBD - Big Black Dildo - are just too black.. no shading to be seen..

Things I'd love to see in the game:
- Bigger storylines... the Jenna/Melissa story was great, but could even be enhanced by giving more options for some more dates.. There has been already someone giving some ideas about this here in the forum.

- Some "reward" for the player, if he manages to reach the proper end of a story apart from being able to screw the girl(s) of the story whenever he wants to. Like unlocking some special clothes for that girl or something like that.

- More satisfaction for the girls. Give them orgasms, please. And visual pain / orgasm meters. That would allow for stories, that ask to get the girls to cum themselves and the player being able to have a good indicator if his attempts ar succeeding.

- More action from the girls themselves.. as a little sadist I'd love to see things like having a girl actively masturbating or begging for cock, after being teased for a long time. Or even making a girl pass out from being utterly exhausted after the umpteens orgasm she had when fucked by the machine.

- More sex positions would also be a great thing. I like the way those were handled in Artificial Girl 2: lead the girl to certain points in the house / landscape and hug her, then she would take a position fitting to that point.. like when you were engaging sex near a palm tree, she would put her hands on that tree and stick her ass out for you. And if close to a table, she would lie down on it, spreadeagled. No need for that "leading to" and "hugging" business, though, as I guess Your parser might be able to get the clue when the girl is told to "go to the table and lay down on it" ;)

- Although that parser is working quite well, I would love to either have some kind of dictionary in game to see which commands it accepts OR some pre-defined texts from which the player could choose while talking to a girl. Like.. a choice between one usefull and two less usefull sentences, plus the option to use your own words instead.

Okay.. that's all for now. Guess there might be more feedback / ideas etc. in the future :)
Until then keep on the good work!

Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:41 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hey T0mcat, glad to see new people here!

Yeah, there are a few things you listed that have already been said will be addressed so like you I'm excited to see what they come up with! Stuff like orgasms for women, mucus wires (much like what we've seen in Superdeep Throat, for instance), and being able to have an organic transition between positions.

They haven't said anything about control scheme, but there's been enough feedback on them that I'm sure they'll at least give it a once-over.

Anyway, about leading the girls around, you should watch their video on their Offbeater page. :)

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:33 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@ T0mcat

Thank you for your review. Let me address your comments:

Q: I can't say I like the movement/action handling with mouse/Ctrl very much. It'd be more natural for me, when picking up / using items would be handled by left- / rightclick and movement by the ctrl-mouse combination.. but that's just me ;
A: I think more gamers would find that as well. Using WASD keys for walking is pretty common for PC gaming. The reason we decided to use the mouse is to accommodate also people who do game much and do not know about using the WASD keys. Best is maybe that you can change the default settings yourself.

Q: They way those vibrators and other stuff is handled seems a bit weird for me. Like too much help given, when there's no real need for it. Targeting a vibrator isn't that complicated, so the auto target feature sometimes just makes it harder to go for the right target ;)
It works great with the weights for the nipple chain / clamps though :)
A: The auto targeting of the objects is also meant for less experienced gamers. Maybe it should be a setting.

Q: Having to reset all used equipment again when the sex position is changed is also not very funny ;)
A: Yes, that's because we do not save the physics state. Those things should be improved in time.

Q: Having to use the city map to run time fast forward. I mean, that's what the bed in the appartement should be for, right? Right? Kinda like "set alarm to xx hours and sleep until then.."
A: Using the bed to skip time is a good idea I think/

Q: The sounds of the girls and several items, mostly.. like that pink flubbery thing.. or the hard plastic "clonk" of the Big Black Dildo - which should sound smoother, due to it's more rubbery nature - and the moaning sounds of the girls, which could use some more variations (just like the background music.. maybe put an option in to set up an own playlist from mp3s on the player's computer?)
A: We agree, the character sounds can be improved a lot. Playlist is good idea!

Q: There have been several hard crashes to desktop, mostly when I managed to pull the girl into a weird position in the doll / coma mode, and on several occasions, when there was some hard interaction between different items like the whipping cane and the nipple clamps or a dildo..
A: We think we solved that issue. We have rewritten lot of the physics code, and it is more stable now.

Q: The mouths of the girls are a bit too broad for my taste. And the way they unhinge their jaws when they throat a big cock or dildo looks.. kinda frightening :?
A: We heard that feedback more. For me personally its ok, but smaller mouths is something that is requested more.

Q: Clothes could do with some other textures. Most look kinda like latex / rubber and - IMHO - also behave like that physically.
Oh, and the black clothes and the BBD - Big Black Dildo - are just too black.. no shading to be seen..
A: Agreed

Q: Bigger storylines... the Jenna/Melissa story was great, but could even be enhanced by giving more options for some more dates.. There has been already someone giving some ideas about this here in the forum.
A: We try to in the future. But this will take a while, so don't expect it soon.

Q: Some "reward" for the player, if he manages to reach the proper end of a story apart from being able to screw the girl(s) of the story whenever he wants to. Like unlocking some special clothes for that girl or something like that.
A: The unlocking is the reward for playing both stories. But in between rewards is indeed a good idea.

Q: More satisfaction for the girls. Give them orgasms, please. And visual pain / orgasm meters. That would allow for stories, that ask to get the girls to cum themselves and the player being able to have a good indicator if his attempts ar succeeding.
A: We are working on that

Q: More action from the girls themselves.. as a little sadist I'd love to see things like having a girl actively masturbating or begging for cock, after being teased for a long time. Or even making a girl pass out from being utterly exhausted after the umpteens orgasm she had when fucked by the machine.
A: We are working on that

Q: More sex positions would also be a great thing. I like the way those were handled in Artificial Girl 2: lead the girl to certain points in the house / landscape and hug her, then she would take a position fitting to that point.. like when you were engaging sex near a palm tree, she would put her hands on that tree and stick her ass out for you. And if close to a table, she would lie down on it, spreadeagled. No need for that "leading to" and "hugging" business, though, as I guess Your parser might be able to get the clue when the girl is told to "go to the table and lay down on it" ;)
A: Working on that, also see video on offbeatr.com

Q: Although that parser is working quite well, I would love to either have some kind of dictionary in game to see which commands it accepts OR some pre-defined texts from which the player could choose while talking to a girl. Like.. a choice between one usefull and two less usefull sentences, plus the option to use your own words instead.
A: In the future the parser will get an overhaul, but not in next release.

:)

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:20 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

such a fast answer.. cool :)

Quote:
But this will take a while, so don't expect it soon.

I'm used to "soon" to be handled in the Blizzard style.. with "soon" meaning "when it's done and working as intended" (though Blizzard themselves don't handle it that way anymore..)
So don't worry, I don't expect any changes to happen overnight. I'd rather have a great game in a couple of years instead of a mediocre one in a couple of months.

Oh, and some more feedback ^^

Melissa

Such a cute little girl.. But it seems a bit out of character for a "cute little girl" to ask the teacher to wallop out his dick ;) And it bothers me, that the poor little girl doesn't get the correct answers to the questions. I mean how should she learn anything, if she isn't given the correct information, right?

So, maybe the dialogue should rather go like this:

- John enters classroom, says hello, picks up the homework, tells Melissa to read the next chapter - no changed needed here..
- When she's done reading, John asks Melissa if she has any questions about the homework. She says yes, asks him to read the questions of the homework so her answers can be evaluated - still no changes needed..

- John reads the first question. Melissa says she didn't know the answer and couldn't find it in the book. John tells her the correct answer - 5.5 inches ^^ - and Melissa says she doesn't believe that a cock can get so big. John asks if he should prove that they indeed do get so big and as Melissa wants him to prove it, he has now a good reason to show her his dick.

- John then reads the next question (after putting his dick back in his pants again..) about sperm and again corrects Melissa's wrong answer. After him saying something like "You can swallow sperm" she should answer something about still not believing him yet..

- The third question about anal sex should also lead to John giving her the correct answer and Melissa getting thoughtfull about it. Maybe she can say something like "And it works even with a cock as big as yours?" or something like that and a thoughtfull "hmmmm..." after a positive answer from John

- The last question should rather lead to John seducing Melissa to go down on his cock instead of her offering to do so. She's a shy schoolgirl, remember?

general feedback

I played around a lot with the coma mode yesterday, to get a grasp of how to handle that girls when they are unconscious ^^
Seems to me, the engine has been set to a very low friction value. It's bearly impossible to get - for example - a girl onto the couch in the appartment in something like a sitting position AND KEEP HER THERE.. ;) Even when nothing is done to her, a small displacement of one arm leads to her sliding oh so slowly off the couch.
In the BDSM room I tried to place the BBD in a chained girl, who had been let down so she almost had her ass on the ground. Goal was to make her sit on the dildo - just to see if it would work ;) - but there was no way of..
a) stabilizing her enough, so she would not slide to the full length of her legs
b) keep the BBD from sliding out of any of her orifices in due time to reach the remote to get the chains a bit further down..

So, I guess You might look into the code to see if there can be done something about friction. Or maybe it's the weight of the parts of the body? 'Cause it seems there little difference between her arms and legs and her torso.
Couch example again: I had managed to get her body and both legs onto the couch. One arm was spread out, leading to her - again - sliding slowly in that arm's direction. So either too little friction of her body/the couch or too much weight for her arm compared to the torso or both..

That's all for now, but there might be more after some more experimenting from my side ^^

Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:13 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

I believe that the Tiffany story doesn't need to change that much though I would like the third and second questions to be expanded a little.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:23 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Alright, after fiddling about with the game for an enhanced time, here is some more feedback:

Samantha / Bob Storyline:

Samantha's tendency to follow Bob's movements by turning her head towards him drives me mad. Take the "in the cage position" as an example - there's about two things that can be done to Samantha while she's in the cage: a) use the BBD/vibrator/flubbery pink thingie on her OR b) throatfuck her. But for a throat fuck her head is in a bad position, 'cause it's facing more to the ground, which makes shoving his dick into her mouth a tricky thing. So if you use the sideway view to see if you managed to hit the hole... she turns her head to face Bob and the cock slips out of her mouth...

I still have to find a position in the normal story play of those to, in which it isn't overly complicated for Bob to stick his dick into her pussy. When she's down on all four, he can't go down enough to do it without a lot of complications. A solution would be to put her in a position like the one Tiffany does, when she bends over the table and sticks her ass out.. Samantha could use the cage for that.

Being unable to order her to go to the couch or the bed to use her there is also a bit weird.

Jenna / John Storyline:

I'm not that much into watersports. So, shouldn't there be a way to get a bit further with Jenna without having to piss on her? I mean, John still has the photographs, right? And that bitch is already horny as hell.. Shouldn't she agree to getting fucked without some yellow shower?

There isn't much indication in the game about her midnight rape fantasies. Maybe she should tell John a bit more about it, so the player knows he can come back later to visit the sleeping Jenna and play with her a bit. Oh, and because it's a RAPE fantasy, shouldn't there be a way to really hump her hard without her interrupting the action and then sitting up, going to the normal positions possible? Maybe if John could use some cuffs on the sleeping Jenna so he can still get her into a nice position to use her as he wishes without her really noticing who it is who's cock is being used on her...

Gameplay

That engine of yours is great. It's great that I can move those parcels and pizza boxes around.. but... what for?
I've got a feeling that You put it in the game BECAUSE YOU CAN. For the storylines you deliver, the ability to move things around is nice, but in many cases not needed. Maybe you should restrict moving things to things that are usefull for the story, and rather find ways for the usefull things to be used ^^
That whipstick for example has a nice handle, which should fit tightly into any girls ass - but it doesn't, because it's only intended to be used for hitting...

Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:27 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hello - very new to this but love this game - got it 3 days ago.
I have a basic question please - How do I attach nipple clamps ? when I asked in the game, the character says "twist my nipples" How do I twist ? and what is the pink fist ? symbol in the bottom right hand corner of the screen ?
thank you very much.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:44 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

thin41 wrote:
Hello - very new to this but love this game - got it 3 days ago.
I have a basic question please - How do I attach nipple clamps ? when I asked in the game, the character says "twist my nipples" How do I twist ? and what is the pink fist ? symbol in the bottom right hand corner of the screen ?
thank you very much.

If you hold the right side just hold them under nipple and go up then you se it turn green then press mouse.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:36 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Thank you for your quick answer - I will try and let you know - thanks again.

Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]