View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 XSP Development & Planning 
Rank 5
Rank 5

sorry if I (and it's not the first time) sound pessimestic.

I'm just wondering at what point do I simply delete this from my bookmarks.

Say we still don't have news in another year, would people be saying the same thing?

What if it was another 4 years?

At what point to we just say "fuck it, it was nice and good while it lasted, but I am literally wasting my time checking up on this board for updates".

Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:36 am
Rank 10
Rank 10

There are still mods in production here. If Production was, indeed shitcanned, then I'd suspect that there would be more mods being made. I think a good deal of folks, who mod, are actually holding out because there is no point to putting together something if it won't be compatible with the new engine.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:45 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

@joe
Like i said, i will wait till end of the year.
If there is no news till then, i move on and only checking the other games.
Currently i would hope that xpadmin will give some news/screens or at least some informations of the current state.
The Patreon idea, that is still not used, should help raising money and so the progress would be better and with correct interaction with us, we can see what happens.
The current situation sucks, because no news/screens or informations about the current state.
So long i wait till end of this year to see some news/infos or what ever.
That is more than enough time to show stuff.
Even simple Vids like the Dev Vids from Version 3.5 would show us, that they work on the game and helps us to see where the current state is.
Even better would be a public todo list.
Games libe Subnautica, currently in early access, have a public todo list.
There you can vote what should came next.

With something like this, the community would be helping active by creating the game.
That would be very open game development, that would help raising the community and in the end the game itself.
The potential is there but currently its not realy used.
And that is very frustrading. :(

So i can only wait and hope on some news.
But like i said, end of the year is end of waiting for me.

T-Virus

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:46 am
Rank 10
Rank 10

Well the last offering was Occulas support for 3.5 back in April. . .

It would be nice to hear about something on the 4.0 front... or what the Dev Team is up to. I don't really care about supposed release date, because I figure that these guys may be doing this in their spare time and release dates are kind of arbitrary. Also, if they are doing this as a spare time deal, I'd think they'd want to be sure it is stable as possible before they release it, as to assure that they aren't taking money for some broken bit of software, that could take a significant amount of time to fix.

What would be cool is to know what we can expect with 4.0, if they going to release it in parts ... or if they are planning on releasing a finished product.

Honestly I'm in no rush. I'm still tooling with the mods from 3.5, and eagerly await what Eskarn has coming down the pike.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:32 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

joe wrote:
sorry if I (and it's not the first time) sound pessimestic.

I’m too starting to feel a little concerned, as to the progress of this project.
I think there could be two extreme possibilities.

1) the project is going extremely well and the developers are so existed about how we are all going to be blown away. That their keeping tight lipped so as not the ruin the surprise.

But unfortunately there is the other possibility.

2) the project is not going well at all, things didn’t work out and there is nothing to show us by the end of the year.
And under these circumstances they don’t know what to tell us.

I’ve worked in Design and Development and I know being under pressure is nether welcomed nor produces the best results. Being creative isn’t like digging a ditch (the harder you dig the sooner you finish). So I think we should be patient and gratefull for the effort they have put into this regardless how it turns out.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:01 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

@smithclub99
In both cases it is a Problem to not talk to the community!
New Member or visitors of the board will see no progress, like we do.
That is a missed chance to get news members.
In the End they pay the devs, so they need new members.

Even a successful project like this can fail on missing communication.
So i think it would simple help to give informations about the current state.
This would help more than the current silence.

Even if the plan of version 4.0 fails, there can be better plans to handle it.
But you need to talk to the people to get a better plan.

T-Virus

Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:49 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

T-Virus wrote:
@smithclub99
In both cases it is a Problem to not talk to the community!
New Member or visitors of the board will see no progress, like we do.
That is a missed chance to get news members.
In the End they pay the devs, so they need new members.

Even a successful project like this can fail on missing communication.
So i think it would simple help to give information about the current state.
This would help more than the current silence.

Even if the plan of version 4.0 fails, there can be better plans to handle it.
But you need to talk to the people to get a better plan.

T-Virus

I agree.

It's difficult to pay money and support a project when there are no updates... however at the same time we have gotten what we paid for. With the devs releasing updates no matter how sparse, the updates are free for those that have backed the project. This makes me "Shut my mouth" if you will because the current project still remains to be better than most adult games currently available. Now I still agree that I too would like to hear information regarding the current status of the project, but this team has already said everything they need to say for what to expect. I'm sure they all have jobs/ families too... it'll be ready when it's ready. Nothing to do but let it go and when it's ready, i'm sure they will blow your mind. Just park this in the back of your mind and keep checking up on the project. There will be one giddy day when we all see the version 4.0 drop and we will stop our whining... no offense. I'd rather they worked on it for as long as they need to in order to truly realise their vision. We consumers ask for ALOT to be honest, and we always behave is though our money gives us the right to call the shots but in reality it doesn't... if you support the project and the unique style of game that has been created, then... just support it. I know that there are other developers trying to make games similar to this but they are no where close. Xmoonproductions is the ONLY developer that is working with seriously HIGH resolution models, true fluid dynamics, dynamic textures, soft body jiggle physics and cloth. All of that done correctly and made relevant to the games design takes time. Trust me, we have seen what xmoonproductions can do and 4.0 is going to be the adult game that you all have been waiting for. Nothing out there comes close to this project in terms of current gen technologies. All to often do adult games miss the mark and leave you wondering why the designers decided to neglect a certain feature that is obvious to pretty much the entire community. This game gives you the ability to enjoy your virtual woman in ANY way you desire with very few limitations. The AI brain is another extremely powerful mechanic that is being overlooked. On top of the woman having such high resolution including the aforementioned technology, they have a framework for "Thinking: AI characters. That takes time to get right so that it is worth delivering to their supporters... I can't stress enough that we need to calm down and truly try to understand what it is that they are trying to accomplish here.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:12 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

@YuJoJo

Having jobs and families doesn't justify being outright silent for weeks on end on an Internet forum, and nobody is telling X Moon Productions what to do just because they backed the game. We just want to know a status report. It could still be well in-development for another year, but it'd be nice to actually know that, and to be given a brief explanation as to exactly why it will be taking as long as it will be.

At least for me, all that would suffice would just be a post saying "We've gotten done with A, B, and C, and still need to do D, E, and F before release. It probably won't be ready for release for at LEAST another X months/years, because of how much and/or how technically complicated the remaining work is. Thank you for your patience."

That would be a short and informative way of explaining the current status of the 4.0 update.

Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:29 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

TheMohawkNinja wrote:
@YuJoJo

Having jobs and families doesn't justify being outright silent for weeks on end on an Internet forum, and nobody is telling X Moon Productions what to do just because they backed the game. We just want to know a status report. It could still be well in-development for another year, but it'd be nice to actually know that, and to be given a brief explanation as to exactly why it will be taking as long as it will be.

At least for me, all that would suffice would just be a post saying "We've gotten done with A, B, and C, and still need to do D, E, and F before release. It probably won't be ready for release for at LEAST another X months/years, because of how much and/or how technically complicated the remaining work is. Thank you for your patience."

That would be a short and informative way of explaining the current status of the 4.0 update.

You are right about that. It would be nice to have an active check list that tells the community what has been accomplished and what is currently being sorted out. The fact that they have gone completely "dark" is concerning... anyway... hopefully they will break the silence soon-ish...

Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:11 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

I get why everyone is concerned, I find the silence a bit unnerving myself. But I know things happen, could be some personal life issues or legal issues or something that they don't want to..or can't share with the community holding things up. For now we wait, hopefully something is on the horizon and all is well.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next