View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 3.0 to 3.5 thoughts and suggestions. 
Rank 15
Rank 15

Hi
First of all I cannot thank you enough for this update. Sorry I didn't thank you first in my previous posts, I'm struggling to get some free time and play the game and get deeper into modding.

I want to talk a bit about an idea of advertising the game.
First of all you could send a mass email to the game account list (not forum) on each update. It is great news for everyone, some maybe moved to other games and this would quickly get your attention.

I noticed the game dissapeared from torrent trackers. Actually the torrents make you the best ads for free:
- the version was 3.0 with no DRM check and kind of works as a perfect demo. People got the updates but everyone was using the old executable file. Modding wasn't working and people didn't know why. They were suggested to buy the game by other users.
- Later a russian private tracker published a full working version [EDIT: I removed the link]. I got the game from there first (after a hard web search).
I'm sure the 3.0 presence on trackers (rarely with the updated exe files) would make people buy the game just to have 3.5 and modding access. And I love to comment their trackers to brag about new versions.

I use torrents a lot. But I love games in early stages and episodic games. So I buy them instead of having them for free, buggy, having to wait for others to upload the right patches and fixes. I usually buy a game per month when I receive my payments.
My games I bought this year were:
- karmaflow
- Life is strange
- dreamfall chapters
- the forest
- xstoryplayer3 last week (I found this game recently and after hours of googling for erotic games).

An advice: you should work on a better DRM check (if you haven't yet).
After finding the russian tracker above (the only one I found that could crack the latest patch) I noticed their way exactly and I'm afraid the 3.5 can leak out easily the same way.

@xpadmin: I will only detail in private if you are not aware of this issue.

Thanks again for a great game. I love you added some community content, it's great to let everyone contribute to the game.

Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:30 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

DRM is not something we liked to add. Version 2.0 did not, but a lot of commercial sites added our software to attract traffic and thus sell advertisements.

We even had sites selling our software themselves (sometimes with malware added to it).

That why we added a simple DRM to version 3.0. The DRM has been improved since, but I do not have any illusion it will not be cracked.

It does however make it somewhat more difficult to simply add the software to a site just to make money of it.

:)

Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:38 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

xpadmin wrote:
We even had sites selling our software themselves (sometimes with malware added to it).
It does however make it somewhat more difficult to simply add the software to a site just to make money of it.

seriously !
I can easily understand piracy when it comes to : "even if there was absolutely no way to have it free, I won't buy it"
sometimes people don't want / can't buy something, and I think that in this case piracy can't be counted as loss for right owners.

but selling pirated stuff, THAT is disgusting !

Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:57 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

laissemoirire wrote:
xpadmin wrote:

seriously !
I can easily understand piracy when it comes to : "even if there was absolutely no way to have it free, I won't buy it"
sometimes people don't want / can't buy something, and I think that in this case piracy can't be counted as loss for right owners.

but selling pirated stuff, THAT is disgusting !

Work in a computer store and a guy about 14years old tried to open game box so he cod write down the code off the game and when I asked what he was doing he sad I have the CD so he did not Think he had to pay for the code when he had the cd.

Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:47 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

People that can't buy stuff are mostly teenagers. They seek pirated software.

But we are adults legal age (or are we? :) ), we have an income, most own a credit card etc. If you own a computer good enough to run the game then I believe you can afford the game price too.

I believe I'm not the only one who enjoys a pirated game so much so decides to buy it even the pirated version suits him well.

Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:19 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

As someone who has pirated nearly every game i have ever purchased before buying it. It's not a matter of people being dicks. Most of the time it's just people being broke and sick of buying something and feeling ripped off. A game like XSP 2 which had an awesome demo really deturrs pirates because they immediately see they aren't going to be ripped off. In today's marketplace of shitty steam curration of forever in broken "early acess" state games. people will need to try before they buy. Sure i may always pirate games first but when the game is worth it i always buy to support the Devs. Hell i still use my pirated copy of skyrim even though i own the full game. Steam fucks with your savefiles if it doesn't recognize them so it screws with your mods. hence why i use a cracked version.

And yes i did initially pirate this game before i could afford to buy it, But i felt so guilty i spent 4 hours hunting down every torrent i could find and reported them all to Xpadmin lol. But i do own it now and have deleted my pirated version. =) I love this game and spread the word on every forum every chance i get.

Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:00 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

With very few exceptions, I have pirated every game before I've purchased it. Almost all games used to have demos. Now either the game is so shitty they are afraid you won't buy it if you can try it, or the game is so short that it's only as long as a demo anyway. Right now the only games I purchase before trying are MMOs and games by Devs I trust, and I've been burned several times doing that.

This game had a Demo, so I never even tried to pirate it.

I buy A LOT of games, and I pirate even more (lot of free time on my hands) which get deleted shortly after. You just can't trust Devs these days.

Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:06 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

I'd like to give my 5 cents to this:
(As a buyer of both version 2 and 3 of this game)

-I found the game (v2) through torrents after spending hours googling for 3d erotic games - the only way of finding this game online is through torrents, all usual keywords in google don't spit it out or it's somewhere on page 15. The closest you get is by searching it's offbeatr title -> page 2.
-I downloaded it from torrents, really liked it, bought it. Bought 3.0 as soon as it came out. Would have bought them both even if they were more expensive. Would have bought them earlier if I knew about them.
-The DRM is useless, both version 3.0 and 3.5 were on torrents with a crack after 24 hours - took a while for the modding pack to be cracked but probably just because nobody bothered to crack it
-People who illegally sell this game don't care if the game is non-DRM or cracked, they sell it anyways

xpadmin, if you want this game to get more popular (tbh I think for all the work you invested into this, you deserve some increased revenue) develop a free version that has no modding support / can not run any mods, clothes etc. Torrent it. Seed it. For free. It's gonna be there anyways and this way you can steer people to your site.

That said, I kinda like your modest down to the ground approach you take with this. Like charging small amounts of money, not doing any marketing campaigns etc. Did you ever get approached by bigger companies (like the triXXX guys) who wanted to buy your engine / tech?

Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:26 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

After buying made me have a laugh.
The 3.5 quickly appeared on private trackers. On xxx probably from xxx.

Unfortunately with no patch and pepple on xxx are complaining.

Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:47 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

I never played 3.0 but i played and finished 2.1/3.5 ,while the 2 stories in 2.1 are great and 3.5 seemed more chore than fun, but with the more custom options and camera angles, can't wait til the next update, til then I'll be replaying and trying some mods,,thanks to all involved keep it going well worth $$$....

Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]