View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 A tiny bit disappointed 
Rank 5
Rank 5

I don't know if I missed reading something on the forums or the site, but I didn't know 3.0 wouldn't include the whole tentacle dreams story. I got maybe 30 minutes of gameplay before it says "this is as far as we've gotten", etc... Don't get me wrong, I love all the changes that have been made but how long do we have to wait to finish the story?

Also, I'm no code wizard, but how do we get custom models into the game now that modding support has been added? As far as I can tell there's no devkit included with 3.0...

Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:29 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@bummer

There are a lot of option to play with in the dungeon scene as well.

For modding best is to look into the filemaker folder of XStoryPlayer 3.0:

- Goto the filemaker folder
- In it you see a file called "start.ini". Uncomment the unpack command.
- Run filemaker.exe
- Now you see an unpacked directory in the pack directory of XStoryPlayer.
- When you run XStoryPlayer you will see two dungeon fast sex scenes (the bin and the unpacked one).
- You can change the files. Especially see the init files and textures/sounds etc...

I will make more info available on modding in the future.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:14 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

I was under the impression that 100% complete meant at least the story would be complete. I went through the game expecting to completely raise the tentacle creature to full maturity and have an interesting orgy in the penthouse with Saiko, Monica and optionally the creature. So when the game hit me with the message "this is all we got so far" it felt like Santa gave me a beautiful girl but when I tried to touch her tits he made her vanish and farted in my face :(

Don't get me wrong, I still think this is the best adult game out there by far. And I'm sure if you asked on the forum what people would prefer: Half the story in December or wait until 2015 for the completed version the answer would be clear. Could have played this one better.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:13 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

I think the sooner the modding support is out the better: now people can start working on their own content and for that I'm ok with half a story.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:19 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

I completely second what TSDAMN said.
Also it was mentioned somewhere in the forums that they would go this route.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:33 pm
Rank 7
Rank 7

Well, at least you got to download it, I keep getting the error message code=20...So I am disappointed before even playing it, lol

Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:06 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

This isn't an 'expansion pack' folks, it's version 3. And man it's got some improvements, mostly in the females realism, and new 'abilities'. Which is what everyone voted for them to focus on in the poll on this site...
So that majority got what they wanted, and there's only a finite amount of time before something gets released. Can't do everything :)

Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:00 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

I've not been disappointed, eager to see the rest of the story maybe a little.
Playing through and seeing the changes just made me want to get stuck into the files and see what goodies I can tweak.
Overall I'm very pleased.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:20 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

It would be great to have the rest of the story. But that is just a matter of waiting a little longer, which I am fine with. :)

Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

I think a big part of the job has been done.

Looking at how smooth it's getting now i'm pretty sure the development will be significantly faster than before.

I'm not really surprised about the time it tooks to release this content, maybe because i'm a developper as well ? :mrgreen:

Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next