View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 I love you guys, but come on 
Rank 6
Rank 6

Seriously, the game is great and you guys are awesome. Now that I've made that clear, I need to explain how shafted I feel thanks to this 3.0 release schedule.

You are punishing me for supporting the game before the offbeatr started, and I would like to know why you feel that is ok. I am not made of money and I can't really afford shelling out an additional 20 bucks just to avoid getting screwed.

Why do you not care about the people who supported you early?

Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:06 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

What are they supposed to do, give free copies to everyone who bought prior versions, and to the sites where they learned to code, and to their parents for raising them?

You weren't promised anything that you didn't get.

Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:24 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@theshortorc

We have not forgotten about the people who have bought version 2.1 in the past.
That is why (as also been stated on the forum already) we will offer the upgrade option later this year/begin next year.

The current version has been pre-released to the backers because it was not fair to keep then waiting longer.
We had made promises to them that needed to be fulfilled.

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:11 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

To be clear, I wasn't asking for anything for free, just the ability to pay the difference and upgrade my version to the new one like everyone else who supported the game.

Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:43 pm
Rank 18
Rank 18

yeah , thats an legitimate question

in fact those informations are a bit lost while the preview /20$ donations

Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:22 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

theshortorc wrote:
To be clear, I wasn't asking for anything for free, just the ability to pay the difference and upgrade my version to the new one like everyone else who supported the game.

Not sure if your question/concern had been resolved, but I'd like to explain what I've come to understand.

Those of us who have bought 2.1 would be given the option to "upgrade" to version 3.0 upon full release. This upgrade would effectively be paying the difference. Again, this option will only be available when 3.0 is fully released.

Those of us who have paid $20.00+ have "donated" for Early Access. The current release we've all been messing around with is actually a Pre-Release and is not the full version of the software being developed. There is much to add, change and fix.

I doubt you'll need to pay a $20.00 fee to upgrade. Again, that was all for access to a pre-release.

Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:57 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

Thanks, that was the point that I didn't understand. I thought it was released and finished but they were just waiting to let us upgrade to make pledges feel better. Well here's hoping its not too much longer :-)

Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]