View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 How long to go till 2.2? 
Rank 12
Rank 12

Yes, even a test update would need to be modified so that it would be playable, resulting in more work.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:02 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

HI i was waiting for this game to release 2.2 with rift support and all to buy it. looks good. but it says only 1 month download time after buying the game so am scared to buy it before 2.2 comes out. any news on when that will happen would be nice. just a general idea like few months from now or a year from now or something like that :-)

Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:43 pm
Rank 9
Rank 9

friendly wrote:
How about this: XpAdmin ships a 2.2 *ALPHA*. We all get our ya-yas finding and reporting bugs on the understanding that this is strictly alpha quality stuff, not to be taken seriously ... er, whatever that means ... but so that we don't all just keel over and die of blue balls before 3.0!

Back when "Alpha" and "Beta" meant something entirely different than what they mean in modern development, you wouldn't want to play an Alpha as they generally had "Programmer Art". XMP doesn't rely on 8-bit graphics and pixel art (not knocking 2D but 3D takes a bit longer to make in such detail) and the engine doesn't generate millions of procedural kilometers or planets for you to sandbox in. It's a different creature. XMP is an anatomical sex physics toy with high detail models. They have to contend with weird psychological things like the "Uncanny Valley", social behavior, and the chemicals released changing your scope of mind and game play during sexual activity. I'll leave it at that because I feel a tangent coming on.

I'm a producer and a developer and I hate when people see a project before it's done unless they are part of my team. Another thing to consider is that they don't have an adult "Steam" (Steamy?) service that helps developers promote a Green-light/early access version. The team/person working on this isn't getting their/his hand held. Also, in my experience, you have to write your engine with the modern "frequent snapshot" thing in mind to give that update or snapshot every week feel. That's probably beyond the scope of the project at this time. Perhaps when they solidify the engine you'll see more frequent updates and less frequent heartburn.

On a side note, I'm still not sure if I'm comfy with how I'm paying people to play test their games. I mean people used to get paid to do that! But I kinda think it feels right, maybe? Usually the final version costs more so in a way I'm getting paid by discount.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:35 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

I'd rather they spend their energy getting it done than constantly keep me in the loop. If they don't meet their distant projected goal, then they can reassess that or put out some kind of package explaining the journey, but I'm afraid if you expect both, you'll get neither.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3