View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 I am sorry 
Rank 10
Rank 10

but all of these games, all of them, are bad. I wish they weren't. I really do. It doesn't mean I won't keep playing every last one of them. I just wanted to vent.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:12 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

They do look bad when you look at them with the expectation of them being highly funded triple A games with entire teams of people working on them, most of these games are being worked on by either one person, or a very small team of people.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:01 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

This isn't a section for venting. It's fine to have opinions but this is just...well spam, frankly. It offers no useful criticism. It's just whining about something you're not obligated to use. If you don't like it, don't play it. If you have suggestions or useful criticisms, please do post in their threads about it. Otherwise, please go to "Other" and post your venting there.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:53 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

First, you're not sorry. If you felt sorry or guilty you would be feeling some sort of shame for what you are saying and thus not say anything at all.

Second, what Malachai said.

Third... if they aren't good games then why do you continue to play them? That is the stupidest thing I've heard all day. I don't think lima beans or liver is good, and I don't eat them... WTH?

Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:27 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

I am trolling. Xstory 4 is taking forever, and all other games are sad compared to what we all hope is delivered. It's a joke, mostly. Also, I don't feel sorry for anyone getting paid to make 8-bit RPGs or cookie cutter trainers. Those actually are almost entirely crap. Anyone who is not shilling is exempt from all this and keep up the good work. Sure would be nice if xadmin were more of a shill. Pretty sure he could be pulling $10k a month on patreon to hire staff and finish this release.

COUGH

Seriously, though, I randomly messaged David G/Balsamique of recent "Behind The Dune" fame and talked him into some ideas for his flash game that started grossing cash so fast he won't reply to me any more like somebody that thinks I think they owe me something, which he don't. :)

Christ, it goes up a thousand dollars every time I look at it...

https://www.patreon.com/balsamique

Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:18 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

The way this is said may be brutal and blunt but the guy isnt entirely wrong about the fact that most games have no real interest.

But isnt it similar to videogames in general ? So just like for regular videogames, I d rather point out great sex games than waste time on the inavoidable lot of shitty ones, even if there s a lot more of them.Like Xplayer, free cities, princess trainer (despite the grind), modded SDT, and some i cant recall.

About people donating money to unworthy patreons and you finding it stupid, luckily it s not your money and you never know it might actual end to a good game. So you dont lose anything here.

But i m entirely agreeing with you about xmoonprod being a bit silly not to play the patreon game and take advantage of what they already show and the will of people to support them and help them grow with steadyish income.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]