View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Total Seduction - new 3D game 
Rank 12
Rank 12

Hi,
I have developed a 3D engine similar to SIMS and I intend to use it to produce adult games. Here is my current project, it is free to download and play:

https://mikevelesk.tumblr.com/

if you have any comments about the gameplay, found any bugs, or typos, all input is appreciated. if you like the game and want it to expand, please consider support on https://www.patreon.com/mvelesk. you will not only support this game, but any game developed with this engine in the future. cheers.

some screenshots to preview:

Attachment:
screen01.JPG
screen01.JPG [ 58.54 KiB | Viewed 49415 times ]
Attachment:
screen04.JPG
screen04.JPG [ 57.45 KiB | Viewed 49415 times ]
Attachment:
screen09.JPG
screen09.JPG [ 61.25 KiB | Viewed 49415 times ]

Last edited by mvelesk on Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:38 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

The default speed is too fast. It needs to be reduced by about 50%, because there's no time to look at each new room/scene before it's too late to respond to things (characters walking away from action poses, etc)

Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:33 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

it is quite hard to find a balance for speed. in fact, the speed was originally slower, but than the game took too long to finish. i will definitely test this more and maybe slow the speed just for the slowest gamespeed setting, but keep the speed for other two as it is. anyway, thanks for the input

Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:16 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

I took a look at this and there is certainly allot of potential. I would suggest for patrion making old versions for free as there are those of us who would like to follow the progress but can't afford to commit to monthly subscriptions. Alternatively, you could make it so that people could offer support by paying a certain amount for the latest build of that game. This is a project worth following.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:02 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

thanks. about the making premium content free with delay, i haven't decided yet, but it is possible. the original plan was to make entire game free, but as i'm new in this and as i have look at other similar projects, i have decided that i have to motivate support somehow too. that is why i have decided only few days ago, that in a new releases about half of the content will be free and half premium. where i will go with this in the future, i don't know. i will have to see the development.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:54 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Could be good game. Did some thing with it. Do you have tools or make the files by hand?
Attachment:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 66.78 KiB | Viewed 48815 times ]

Attachment:
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 91.4 KiB | Viewed 48815 times ]

Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:19 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

:) yes, you have modified some text files, which describe model attributes and schedule. it will be a little harder in a next version, as i have just transformed all model files to binary files. i always like to start with text files, as they are easy to modify and change/debug the game as you did. you would be also able to modify bin files with some editor, as there is no encoding. so right now in this version, it is quite easy to mod the game, but i recommend to make a backup first.

i have tools to make the files, at least the more complex ones. it makes adding new content to the game easy. just preparing model and writing the schedule for it to define where and when it should be and what animation it should run. only few thing are hard-coded in the program - the function/effect of traits, items and quests.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:30 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Yes I saw you were using obj format. What softwares do you code and model with? Plan to release any of the tools? Very interesting project!

Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:43 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

obj format was just the core beginning, i expanded it by some additional functionality, such as point groups and color directly in obj file. I also use my own model structure. for example, animated model does not have any skeleton, but only joints instead. this way, i can take any rigid model, just assign joints to it and it is ready for animation. i have also created my own modeling tool where i can create models from 2d pictures and my own animation tool. in it, i can for example chain and fork animations, even by random chance if i want. or i can run several different animations on one model, for different joint groups (for example, different animation for legs and different for arms). in this first version of the game, there are only simple animations yet, but i can do much complex things with it.

coding is all in c#. i considered releasing the tools, but before that, i would have to rewrite them completely as i have not made them user-friendly. originally, i was the only one planing to use them. they would be very confusing for new user. for my convenience i put a lot of buttons on them to have everything easily accessible and now they are quite a mess. i myself sometimes don't remember which button do what. here is a screenshot of my modeling tool and my animation tool. they of course have several function screens, these are just one of them:
Attachment:
screen01.JPG
screen01.JPG [ 107.74 KiB | Viewed 48654 times ]

Attachment:
screen02.JPG
screen02.JPG [ 161.08 KiB | Viewed 48654 times ]

Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:35 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Yes. Better to build the game. Good work with animation blending etc. Lots of 3d knowledge. Ever consider Unity or rather challenge of building tools?

Also is there download of your last game?

Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next