View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Ethos of Darkness: a post-apocaliptic erotic RPG 
Rank 8
Rank 8

I've been working on this project for some time, I wanted a text-based game set in a post-apocalyptic future and since I didn't find anything like that out there, I decided to create my own: Ethos of Darkness.

The game brings you to a ravaged future in which you wake up with no memory about how you got there. The playable character is totally customable regarding sex and appearance. The possible enemies largely vary in their appearance and will try brutally to take advantage of the player at any chance. The settings can be configured to allow/avoid homosexuality, furry stuff, etc.

I'm still developing the story and updating the game with new content, but it's already fully playable. I really hope you like it and please write me if you have any comments.

Rayxelm

Last edited by rayxelm on Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:16 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

After being quite discouraged by the server costs and the little revenue (and intrusiveness) of the add solutions I tries the game went down a few weeks ago.

Finally I have managed to find a solution to make the game run without requiring a webserver, or more properly, a centralized one. The solution combines Flask for Python and the module py2exe to compile all the game data into a .exe file.

The most clear drawback is that now the game is only available for PC's running Windows, while before it allowed pretty much any platform with Internet access. The advantages are that it can be now played online and of course that now I don't have to pay any server costs (or any costs whatsoever, except for the domain that I'm still keeping for now), which has allowed me to remove all advertisement except a few links to my Patreon page. This definitely guarantees the survival of the game.

The download link and some simple installation instructions can be found at ethosofdarkness.com.

Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:53 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

New version (v1.1.0) release!

A new version has been released and is available for download at ethosofdarkness.com.

This version will only be available to patrons until the next one has been released.

Changes included:

Local web server's port changed to 14928 to avoid conflicts with other applications.
    Added a town and a couple of NPCs with new dialog options.
    New scene system created to handle NPC interactions (New NPC scenes will be released faster from now on)
    Minor interface improvements.

Hope you guys like it.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:29 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

A new version has been released and is available for download at ethosofdarkness.com.

This version will only be available to patrons until the next one has been released. Version 1.1.1 can be now openly downloaded.

Changes included:

TRADE!
Added trading options at Vica's shop
Added new items that can be only found at the shop
Merchant value calculation based on character's charisma
Fixed bug in experience calculation
Disabled Flask's debugging to avoid error WinError 10038 in some machines.

A vague roadmap with the changes for the next versions can be found here.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:41 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

I've just a released new version 1.1.4, which will be available just for Patrons until the next version is released.

Changes included in this version:

2 new perks: "cum from anal" and "squirter" both with gameplay consequences
First bad end!
Completed detention center scene
More BDSM and non-con content
Fixed a bug where pain didn't increase during detention center scene
Fixed typos

Download links:

Version 1.1.4 accessible from Patron-only post at Patreon.
Version 1.1.3 accessible for everyone

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

Well, this update has been long and painful to release but was definitely needed. Difficult to define it content-wise, since I've changed the whole file, event and scene structure. The sex sequence is completely different, as well as most text and descriptions, perks and many other dynamics.

The main goal of this update was not adding or replacing content though, but replacing the buggy and rigid XML tree system that supported the game. I have not abandoned completely XML, but the gameplay elements no longer hang directly from a XML structure, which made updating and growing the game structure slow and clumsy.

There's still a lot to polish and expand, but at least now I have a powerful base to support it.

The new version can as usual be found at ethosofdarkness.com.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:46 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

New version 1.2.1 of Ethos of Darkness just released! Changes included:

New area to explore with it's own enemies
New sex scene
New dialog options at the shop
Re-added perks hidden in last version
Perk-relevant text and descriptions

This version will only be available for 5$+ Patrons until next version is released. Version 1.2.0 is available for downloading from ethosofdarkness.com

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:35 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

Big update!

I should really be more thorough taking notes of the changes for each version, so probably I'm forgetting something.

Three new different environments, with new types of enemies
New weapons and clothes types
All sex sequences reworked, more descriptions, more reference to all characters physical characteristics
New "Describe" button for both the playable character and NPCs
More options for consensual sex
Various bugs fixed

This version will only be available for +5$ Patrons until next version is released, while version 1.2.1 is now available to everybody from ethosofdarkness.com

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:31 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

I'm not quite happy with the buttons interface. I need to separate between targeted and general options, and also give enough information about what each actions does. I don't think the current setup is the best solution.

Next big update will include the option of playing as aggressor in the after combat sex-scene, and I'll need to implement even more targeted and general actions into this menu. Any suggestions to make it more practical?

Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:13 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

New version (1.2.3) release!

Some changes in this version are:

Player as aggressor after combat victory!
New sex positions and descriptions
More options for consensual sex during random encounters
More text descriptions
Improved character and scene description during sex
Bugs fixed

This version is now available for +5$ Patrons only. Version 1.2.2 is now available for everybody at ethosofdarkness.com.

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next