View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next
 House Party Beta 0.4.0.0 (Updated 2/17/17) 
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hey everyone,

Long time fan of X Story Player.

I am developing a new game called House Party, and it draws inspiration off of X Story Player in some ways, and I have an alpha version that I want to start letting some people test. The engine I'm building underneath it will help to rapidly develop more of these types of games down the line.

The game is similar to a lot of the browser-based games where your choices influence your success in the game, but it plays like a first-person RPG with interactive game models, characters, and physics. I'm drawing a lot of inspiration on the classic Leisure Suit Larry games as well in the sense that the games are light-hearted and humorous, but they will be a lot more raunchy and filled with nudity and sex in comparison (when I'm finished). Right now there are about a few hours worth of gameplay, but the experience is already rather rich for an alpha. There are multiple story-paths though and different outcomes based on your decisions, and it is possible to finish all of the storylines if you do things in the correct way.

The game is built with Unity, and right now I'm only offering a Windows client version.

Anyway, hope there's some interest. Very much appreciate anybody willing to test! Play instructions are on the link. Feedback is much appreciated. The download is free.

http://games.eekllc.com

System Requirements:

Windows 7+
Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 3.0) capabilities; generally everything made since 2005 should work.
CPU: SSE2 instruction set support.

Last edited by mistacorn on Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:23 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

It doesn't work on Win 10 32-bit.

Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:29 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Donut wrote:

Hmm. It's compiled for both with Unity. Are you getting any type of error or information?

Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:50 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

Windows 7 64 bit and it works fine. I enjoyed it but coming from Xstoryplayer then jumping into a game where you cant touch the girls or drag drunk guys body out of the room is a bit annoying. I managed to bug frank once, grabbed all the alcohol from the table and he couldn't catch me, just stopped trying lol. I could walk up to him and he'd back up.

Also when i first figured out that i could get frank to kock out patrick, I thought i could swipe the alcohol while frank was in the bedroom fighting patrick, but it triggered the "HEY" from frank. That's how I broke him.

Of all the girls at the party, the girl on the phone was the only one i could get near naked for the photo. But there is no way to progress past that point with her because there is no way to get rid of frank. It seems every story could be played through if i could just kill frank lol.

also you may want to move that phone it was really hard to find. I found the key easily and was very irritated when the bathroom girl asks for clothes and i can open a closet and see the clothes but can't grab any.

Just a noe on the camera, have you ever played the sims 4, Girlvania or Active dolls? All these game have photography elements. It's actually the entire game for the last two lol. I think it would be cool if you were to add some more use to that camra like a "take picture" option that saves the photos somehow. Also i know it's alpha but you should add a way to save a current game.

Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:05 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Nautica wrote:
Windows 7 64 bit and it works fine. I enjoyed it but coming from Xstoryplayer then jumping into a game where you cant touch the girls or drag drunk guys body out of the room is a bit annoying. I managed to bug frank once, grabbed all the alcohol from the table and he couldn't catch me, just stopped trying lol. I could walk up to him and he'd back up.

Also when i first figured out that i could get frank to kock out patrick, I thought i could swipe the alcohol while frank was in the bedroom fighting patrick, but it triggered the "HEY" from frank. That's how I broke him.

Of all the girls at the party, the girl on the phone was the only one i could get near naked for the photo. But there is no way to progress past that point with her because there is no way to get rid of frank. It seems every story could be played through if i could just kill frank lol.

also you may want to move that phone it was really hard to find. I found the key easily and was very irritated when the bathroom girl asks for clothes and i can open a closet and see the clothes but can't grab any.

Just a noe on the camera, have you ever played the sims 4, Girlvania or Active dolls? All these game have photography elements. It's actually the entire game for the last two lol. I think it would be cool if you were to add some more use to that camra like a "take picture" option that saves the photos somehow. Also i know it's alpha but you should add a way to save a current game.

Thanks for the feedback! The game is still in early development, but I do plan to add some elements like grabbing the girls and whatnot. I'm not really going for a clone of XSP, but some elements are definitely going to be borrowed for sure.

Nice find on the Frank bug. I'll take a look into that. There's a way to get all girls naked aside from Brittney, who I just added and didn't work on much of her storyline yet. Frank fighting Patrick is useful in one of the storylines, but you don't want to trigger it too early because Patrick is useful on another storyline (Including getting further with the girl with the photos).

Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:20 pm
Rank 7
Rank 7

Any chance we could get some hints? Because i'm having a lot of difficulty progressing in the game so far.

I can get Madison down to her panties, but I can't find the box she's talking about. The girl with the phone refused to take a nude pic even after I forcefully pushed everyone else out of the living room. I have no idea how to humiliate Madison for her sister, or how to get alcohol for the dancing girl. I also can't find the key to the mysterious door.

I've tried all I can, but I can't seem to get anywhere with anyone. I can't even make out with Patrick. :P

Speaking of which, if I remember correctly, when talking to Patrick he refers to someone called "Mandy" at some point, which according to your site is the old name for Madison.

The skybox also gives the impression that you're in a tiny house in the middle of a road. You could probably get away with a more simplistic skybox, like this one, and just stick a few bushes outside the window to hide any problems.

Regardless, it's looking good so far. I'm very impressed with the physics when the two dudes fight (when they fall over and curl into a ball, kinda similar to what happens in GTA4). Is that a Unity plugin or did you code that yourself?

Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:49 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

NTNgear wrote:
Any chance we could get some hints? Because i'm having a lot of difficulty progressing in the game so far.

I can get Madison down to her panties, but I can't find the box she's talking about. The girl with the phone refused to take a nude pic even after I forcefully pushed everyone else out of the living room. I have no idea how to humiliate Madison for her sister, or how to get alcohol for the dancing girl. I also can't find the key to the mysterious door.

I've tried all I can, but I can't seem to get anywhere with anyone. I can't even make out with Patrick. :P

Speaking of which, if I remember correctly, when talking to Patrick he refers to someone called "Mandy" at some point, which according to your site is the old name for Madison.

The skybox also gives the impression that you're in a tiny house in the middle of a road. You could probably get away with a more simplistic skybox, like this one, and just stick a few bushes outside the window to hide any problems.

Regardless, it's looking good so far. I'm very impressed with the physics when the two dudes fight (when they fall over and curl into a ball, kinda similar to what happens in GTA4). Is that a Unity plugin or did you code that yourself?

You can't find the box because you haven't gotten through the mysterious door yet, and you can't humiliate Madison until you get the box. A lot of the storylines are tied into each other so some rely on solving one before you can progress with another. For instance, don't beat up Patrick too soon, otherwise you cut off access to him being able to help you through another puzzle.

Ha! I didn't think that somebody would actually physically push the characters out of the room (which is why it didn't work). I implemented the characters stepping back when you bump into them just so they wouldn't block off doorways, but didn't see it being used that way. You need to deal with Stephanie a different way, which I've already hinted to above. Let me know if you need more hints than that!

Thanks about the game! I'll track down that Mandy reference and change it. Nice find! The character movement, dialogue, combat, and audio is all part of a Character Engine I've been working on for the past couple of years. I was originally going to sell it on the asset store, but instead I decided to use it for my own project. And cool skybox! I think I will grab that!

Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:38 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

mistacorn wrote:
Donut wrote:

Hmm. It's compiled for both with Unity. Are you getting any type of error or information?

When I start it I get the message "This app can't run on your PC"

Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:32 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Donut wrote:
mistacorn wrote:
Donut wrote:

When I start it I get the message "This app can't run on your PC"

Does your PC meet the minimum requirements:

Windows 7+
Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 3.0) capabilities; generally everything made since 2005 should work.
CPU: SSE2 instruction set support.

You also need to make sure you have at least Direct X 9 and that it is up to date.

Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:50 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

@mistacorn

Sorry for my English! I use Google translator!

Good game, RESPECT! What I liked about it is: Graphics, Models girls the opportunity to chat with the characters. I it did not like: Do not switch - turn off the lights in rooms that are closed - open doors, turn on the TV, making the volume of the game below - there is no choice of menu settings when you start the game, do not operate the keys in the game keyboard input, such as: ( Left Shift, Left Control, Left Alt) There is no possibility to use his fists - and if you ran into Frank's character is nothing he does not do angry. Leap does not work - because of what some buggy characters can not be derived from the angle that complicates the game several times, and it had to be restarted for the new. It is not possible to include water (Turn the faucet) or close hododilnik and other things such as cabinets. What would turn around every time you need to press and hold the left mouse button which is very inconvenient, and it starts infuriates - type of control can be changed by pressing a key Left Control (switching mode - that would be something to take or inspected)

So my verdict is this: Although it is an alpha version but any alpha verssi management should work 100% without bugs.

Dear developer of this masterpiece! Could you correct these faults and flaws in version .05 If you succeed, I will support your project if it is of course possible ... Thank you for your attention to a fan: STRIKER777

Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 365 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next